Camila Jurado was born in Mexico City (09/09/90) and began her career as a press photographer in 2007 covering concerts and festivals for music magazines. At the age of 19 she moved to London to study Communications at Goldsmiths University and graduated with a Master's degree in History and Theory of Photography from Sotheby's Institute of Art London. She has traveled extensively in the United Kingdom, Mexico, Cuba, Sudan (among others) doing documentary work focused on topics such as inequality, migration and mental health. Her work has been exhibited in Mexico, the United Kingdom, Poland, the United States and Italy, and she was selected as one of the best 30 under 30 women photographers of 2015 by Photoboite.
Since 2018 she lives in Mexico City and works internationally as a freelance commercial and documentary photographer. Its prominent clients are Universal Music, Disney, Paramount, Prime Video and Netflix Latin America.
- Sotheby’s Institute of Art - London, U.K.
MA Historical and Contemporary Photography
2015 - 2016
- Goldsmiths, University of London, U.K.
BA Media and Communications
2010 - 2014
- 2015: Selected as one of the best 30 under 30 women photographers by Photoboite: http://photoboite.com/2015/camila-jurado/
- 2013: International Urban Street Photography Contest DotArt
- 2020 Collective show by 35's and 45's at Loot Gallery, Mexico City
- 2019 Collective show by La Marrullera at the Latin American Art Fair, San Diego, CA.
- 2019 Collective show by La Marrullera at Loot Gallery, Mexico City
- 2013 International Urban Street Photography Contest DotArt, Krakow, Poland – Turin, Italy
- 2013 "Retos y Logros de la mujer en el Arte y la Cultura"
- 2012 "Enfoques del Mal" at Centro Cultural Condesa. Mexico City
- 2011 East London Photomonth at the Rich Mix Gallery. London U.K.
- 2010 Solo Exhibition “Nangwa, Miradas de Otros Mundos”, Portraits and landscapes of India, Nepal and Tibet at the Club France Art Gallery in Mexico City.